Common Foods That Are Toxic to Canines

Dogs, like humans, have cravings, but it is not safe to give them anything as a snack because it would be very harmful to your dog. But what are you going to feed them? How would you know what is and is not good for your dog? We created this blog to address all of your concerns.

If you’re wondering, “What human food can’t my dog eat?” while trying to resist your pet’s begging face, consult this list! While you can feed your dog human food, certain foods can be extremely dangerous to pets.

The following is a list of some of the most common foods that can be harmful to animals.

  • Mushroom plants 
  • Mustard seeds 
  • Onions, onion powder and onion flakes 
  • Peach pits 
  • Potato leaves and stems 
  • Raisins 
  • Rhubarb leaves 
  • Salt 
  • Tea 
  • Tomato leaves and stems
  • Walnuts 
  • Xylitol 
  • Yeast dough
  • Alcoholic beverages 
  • Apple seeds 
  • Apricot pits 
  • Avocados
  • Cherry pits
  • Candy 
  • Chives
  • Coffee 
  • Garlic
  • Grapes 
  • Gum 
  • Macadamia nuts 
  • Mouldy foods 
  • Mushroom plants 
  • Mustard seeds 
  • Onions
  • Peach pits 
  • Potato leaves and stems

We comprehend. Big eyes staring up at you and a dog’s gentle cries for a taste of what’s on your plate make it difficult to resist. However, there are many reasons why feeding Fido table scraps is not a good idea, no matter how alluring it may be. To begin with, you shouldn’t encourage behaviour like begging. Save treats for times when your pet has behaved well because they are intended to reinforce positive behaviours.

Second, not all of the foods you like to eat are healthy for your dog. Many foods that are consumed by people can make animals ill, some of them seriously. 

Many substances initially upset the stomach, resulting in nausea and diarrhoea. Examine the vomit for any signs of food, packaging, or other crucial hints. Many poisonings worsen by causing weakness, depression, or nervous stimulation, which can result in trembling and seizures. Pets may stop eating and drinking altogether or may drink excessively, which may indicate liver or kidney issues.